Saturday, November 28, 2009

From The Desk Of The Editor

This is our first online newsletter. I hope you all like it. I have been keeping a blog of my own for just over a year and have learned a lot in my time online. I hope I am able to make this newsletter, and all the newsletters to follow, while I am editor, a source of interest and pleasure that is accessible to everyone. Since I work on a Macintosh computer, my documents are not necessarily compatible with PCs. I wanted this to be available to everyone and so I embarked on a method of making Threads Along The Peace a newsletter that you can access from the comfort of your own home while keeping the cost of mailing to a minimum. I am hoping this serves the purpose. If you want to provide feedback, I am only too happy to accept and take into consideration all suggestions. We can even print them here in our next newsletter.

Because this is a type of newsletter and not a true blog, this is only accessible to paying members of the PCSW. I have changed the settings to reflect that and any new members should be brought to my attention right away. So if you know of any new members who are not able to access this newsletter then please do let me know. You will receive an email from our new email address which is PeaceCountrySW@gmail.com each time a new newsletter is posted. If you would like to submit an article or some pictures for our newsletter then please send them to our email or directly to me through snail mail. Some members of our guild will still receive a paper copy of our newsletter through Canada Post. However, pictures cannot be printed due to the expense of ink.

The executive and I have gotten together to discuss some changes to the newsletter and while you see the guild reports as per usual, and the message from the president, and some old faithful articles such as Potpouri, we have decided to add to our newsletter with some new columns such as FYI (For Your Information) and other articles of helpful and sage advice. We thought that broadening our newsletter might be fun and interesting. Of course you can always count on finding conference information here as well.

So sit back and enjoy what I hope proves to be a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment